Saturday, August 13, 2011

Never have I ever...

It's confession time.  Not the bad or "naughty" kind, but the kind that makes you go "seriously, Nicole???".  Yep.  Seriously.

This started a few months years ago when my husband first discovered that I'd never seen Top Gun.  Seriously.  At first he thought I was joking, but then as time went on, he learned that I was super serious.  Who's Goose?  He dies?  What?  How does he die and Tom Cruise doesn't die?  Does the plane get shot down?  I don't get it. 

Seriously.  Never seen it.  Then I realized there are quite a few things that I've never done that come across as quite shocking to friends.  So I thought I'd break these down into categories (it'll probably mostly be stuff I've never seen...but still) just to have some fun and see if anyone else can make me feel better about some of this stuff.  Sometimes I feel like a freak and it'd be nice to know that someone else has never done this/seen this stuff too =)

Here you go.  Never Have I Ever...

Seen these movies or TV shows:
  • Top Gun - scratch this off the list.  I literally saw this for the first time about 3 weeks ago.  Loved the soundtrack.  Epic.  And now I know where "you've lost that loving feeling" and "negative, ghost-rider" come from.  College makes sense now.
  • Sound of Music - yeah...really.
  • 40 Year Old Virgin - seen bits and pieces of this a million times, but never sat down and watched from beginning to end.
  • American Idol - I mean, yeah.  I've seen an episode.  But I've never "followed" this show or a season.
  • Schindler's List - I dunno...seems like something I should have seen.
Tried this in the kitchen:
  • Eaten crab out of a shell - again, scratch this off the list after last November.  Literally the first time I'd ever "cracked" a crab to eat it...it always seemed so barbaric to me.  
  • Baked a cake from scratch.  Cookies - sure.  Cake or brownies - nope...I think I may be scared.
  • Baked bread.  Same as above.
  • Poached an egg.  Are these weird?  Not so sure my "kitchen" category is that weird...who poaches eggs on a regular basis?
  • Cooked lobster - same as the crab thing...and the cake thing.  I think I'm scared.
  • Eaten swordfish - ever.  Is that weird?  Seems like a normal fish to eat but never had it.
  • Eaten trout - same as swordfish.  And living in Colorado, this is a very abundant fish.
Been to these places:
  • Disney World - scratch this as of last November (I ate the crab on our vacation in Disney!).  Literally...my first time EVER in the Magic Kingdom was November 2010 at 26 years old.  I loved it.
  • Disney Land - I mean...we live sorta close.  Maybe we'll try to do this one too?
  • Maine - do people go to Maine for fun?  It just seems like I should have gone to Maine at some point in my life but never have...
  • This is a stupid category...I haven't been to a bunch of places but I think that's true for a lot of people...
Random stuff:
  • Had a (random) guy buy me a drink.  Yes - I am absolutely 100% serious.  And I'm not talking about "oh, we're out with a bunch of people and some random dude buys the whole group shots" - I'm talking about a stranger purchasing me a drink as a way of trying to "hit" on me, and only me.  (I've heard this happens in real life...is that true?)  If so, I'd like to think this has to do with the fact that I mostly hung out with boys in college and no one wanted to hit on me for fear of disturbing the pack.  Doesn't matter, though...I got a good guy who, now, always buys my drinks =)
  • Mowed a lawn.  Is that weird?  My parents mowed our lawn and now Marc is in charge of that...
  • Worn a string bikini.  Some people are made for those and I am definitely not one of them.  I like structure =)
  • Dyed my hair.  Ooh wait.  Scratch that as of this winter.  It was fun, but not doing it again.  I don't think it was worth the gross way my hair felt afterwards.
  • Owned a fish.  I feel like fish are a lot of kids "first" pet.  My first pet was a guinea pig and it did not go so well...(our neighbors dog ate it...seriously...rest in peace, Shoelace!
Okay - I ran out of stuff.  I guess the biggest things were Disney World and Top Gun...the rest of this isn't quite as shocking.  If nothing else, I feel a little more normal now =)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena