Monday, February 4, 2013

"Wake Up!"

This is a totally crazy, but also a totally TRUE, story. 

Yesterday, I was vegging on the couch (does anyone else say "vegging"?  It's weird to spell...) and noticed that the Georgia Tech / Virginia basketball game was being televised.  Very exciting news for this Atlanta-native-turned-Coloradan, since our games are only televised if we're ranked, and even then it's rare. 

for the purposes of this story, I will tell you that our basketball team is definitely NOT ranked this year...we're tied for last in the ACC, which is another reason it was exciting we were on tv!  It's okay, though...it's a rebuilding year =)

Well, since the beginning of the game was only marginally interesting, and I was super tired from the weekend, I fell asleep with the game on after a few minutes.  Oopsie.  But then the crazy part happened!

I was in that weird "in-between awake and asleep" place, where you have trippy dreams.  In this particular dream, one of my girlfriends was there and said "Nicole - you should wake up right now - Georgia Tech might win the game."  Seriously, that's what she said!

So, in my weird, kind of asleep, kind of not, state, I slowly open my eyes and saw that we were tied at 57 with 3 minutes left in the game.  Then, I hear the announcer say "And for those of you just tuning in, Georgia Tech has just had a 6 minute, 9-0 run to tie the game with 3 minutes left."  Whoa!!!

Since we have DVR, I was able to rewind and see this crazy comeback, and then we ended up winning the game!  Very exciting, considering we are a very young team it's only our second in-conference win.

And to think, I almost missed it because I was asleep.  Thank you, to my dream-friend, for waking me up to watch it =)

Isn't that totally crazy?  I think so.

Go Jackets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena