Monday, July 15, 2013

Boston/Bar Harbor Trip - Part 3

Once we decided that we were going to head to Boston for our trip, I made sure to plan around the Red Sox schedule so we could go to a game.  Marc loves baseball, so I knew that he would be secretly wishing we could go to a game while we were in town.  Obviously, I did what any good wife would do and made his wish come true =)

Now, I am self-admittedly not a baseball fan.  Please hold your judgement...at least I admit it.  However, I recognize the fact that Fenway Park is a pretty cool destination and when in Rome, you go to the Colosseum, right?

Our magical gate.  We're almost there!

Marc walking into the stadium for the first time.  He was almost shaking with excitement - no joke!
Marc's birthday was right before our trip and I was so excited to present him with 2 pretty sweet tickets to the Red Sox / Blue Jays game.  I splurged a bit and got tickets along the third base line, but it wasn't until we got to the park that I realized just what a "home-run" (har har) I had hit with these seats =)

We were in the third row!  We could literally see into both dugouts.  I couldn't believe how crazy close we were!
These guys were just chillin during warm up, but look!  Only 2 rows of chairs between us and the field.

The romantic in me seriously appreciated how cool and historic this place is.
We got to the park super early so that we could walk around and really appreciate the stadium.  I was shocked at how small it was.  Behind the scenes of Fenway Park reminded me of a high school football stadium, if you can believe it.  The ceiling was super low and nothing was really ostentatious or gaudy or "big".  It's just a very humble  and "old school" stadium - very cool!
All of their vending signs were printed with classic font.  Not an electric board to be seen anywhere - I loved it!!

The Green Monstah!  I admit - I had no clue what this was...oopsie =)
There was only one thing that weirded me out - this vending machine:
Um...yeah.  Mozzarella sticks and pizza from a vending machine?  I think not, but thanks for asking.  I do appreciate that it's Kosher, though.  Good work.

Even though the weather was drizzly and dreary, the game was awesome and something I'm definitely glad we did.  We met some great people and saw a pretty great game, even saw a few homers!
Grabbing a picture "on" the Green Monster.
America's Most Beloved Ballpark - rightly so!
We wanted to grab some food after the game, so we hopped on the T and headed out to a cute little bar outside of town.  One of my high school girlfriends (heck, I've known her since middle school...maybe even elementary!) actually lives super close to Fenway Park, so we were able to meet up with her and catch up for a bit.  It was so fun!
Caitlyn!  Homeroom buddies =)
And that really wrapped up our Boston experience - quite a busy day for the Felices!  The next day, we packed up our bags, checked out of the hotel, picked up the rental car, got some Dunkin (obvi...), and started our 5 hour drive to Bar Harbor, Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena