Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Boston/Bar Harbor Trip - Part 1

Hey gang!

My goodness...summer travel really is in full swing, isn't it?  I feel like all my friends are taking such exciting trips right now! 

Marc and I recently returned from our own little summer getaway to the northeast, so I wanted to share a few of the highlights.  The weather was not necessarily on our side, but we still had a great time.  It's been difficult adjusting to being home!

Part 1 - Arrival
Normally I would not dedicate a whole "part" to this, but I thought it was pretty funny.  We flew into Boston separately since I had a free flight with Delta to use, and Marc always flies United.  Both flights weren't schedule to arrive in Boston until around 6pm, so we didn't have much on the schedule except to go to dinner after we landed and checked in to our hotel.

What's funny about this is that I had a connection to make in Cincinnati, while Marc had a direct flight from Denver to Boston.  All during our planning he kept reminding me that I would probably be delayed since I had a connection and he didn't, so we should make our dinner reservations late just in case I got stuck in Cinci...

...well, it turns out my connections were fine and Marc was the one with the minor setback.  Marc's flight ended up getting a teensie bit delay (4 hours, actually), so I was basically on my own for dinner.  Luckily, I have a very close girlfriend who recently moved to Boston, so I gave Natalie a call and we went off to dinner while Marc was still waiting for his flight to take off =)

This was very unfortunate for Marc, but Natalie and I had a great time.  We went to this great place called Island Creek Oyster Bar, which came highly recommended by Yelp.
N-squared!  Our server gave us quite a generous pour of prosecco =)
I didn't take any pictures of our meal, but I will say that if you're in Boston and you want some delish seafood (especially oysters), hit this place up!  Just be sure you make a reservation - they are always packed, apparently!

Marc finally got into town and to the hotel around 11pm, so I joined him at the bar for a drink before turning in for the night.  I had a busy day planned for us the next day =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena