Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Why I Love Easter

I know it's been a few days, but I had to express my thanks for the most wonderful holiday that we just experienced.  I love Easter, and not just because of the food, the freshly cut grass, the Easter egg hunts, chocolate or sundresses.

I love Easter because it's one of the days of the year when I'm reminded that I will get to see my dad again.
I must explain this picture.  First - it's the only one I have of my dad on my work computer...for some reason.  Second - it was taken before my little brothers orchestra concert where my dad threatened to show up looking like this...the sign says "Cello's Rule!" because Christopher plays the cello =)  Goodness...I miss this man =)
I'm not usually one to post something too political or touchy, but I know that many people are dealing with loss right now, and I'm no stranger to it myself.  I know it's hard, and you wonder how you will function in your daily life knowing you can't physically see or touch someone you love anymore.

But I always find peace in remembering that because of the greatest sacrifice of all, I will get to sing and dance and be joyful for eternity...and my dad will throw me a huge "Welcome to Heaven - I've Been Waiting For You" party. 

So, I hope you had a wonderfully blessed Easter holiday with those you love, if you feel the same way I do.  If not, I hope you find peace in your own Savior.  I know I have found peace and faith in mine.

Also, I recently re-discovered a website that one of my dad's old work buddies created for him.  Just wanted to share:  Ed Porcheddu.

Happy Easter!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post! I am so glad you have found that peace - the peace that passes all understanding. I'm sure he is there waiting for you and your whole family.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena