Tuesday, May 15, 2012

IDK my BFF Jill?

This is way overdue, but I never shared all the fun times experienced back in January, when my BFF Jill came to visit!
Hah!  Embarrassing...but just to give you some perspective.  That's a very 80's tough Nicole in the purple, with a super blonde Jill right next to me =)
All grown up!  Here we are at Rioja, one of my fave restaurants, in January =)
 So, since we moved to Denver, Jill and her hubs have been trying to come out to visit.  All the stars aligned and it just so happened that one week in January, Josh was heading out of town for work, Jill was thinking of visiting, and I had my tickets to the Michael Jackson Cirque show.

(remember when I talked about that...2 YEARS ago??)

So, Jill decided to bust out her boots and winter coats, and made the trip out to visit!  We had such a great time...even Marc had fun =)

Here are some highlights:

Hiking in Lakewood.
Polly got to meet Aunt Jilly for the first time!
Dinner at Rioja - mentioned above.

The Michael Jackson show.
Michael Jackson (impersonators)!!!
The famous pole dancer...this was epic.
Skiing in Breckenridge!
Getting fitted for boots!  This was also after we had a minor "brush with death"...our car got hit at the Starbucks =(
Hmmm...see anything weird in the background?
ROCKING the bunnies!  I think it's time for the real deal!
What a champion =)
There was some crazy weather when we left, so we jammed to MJ the whole 6 hours it took us to get home (traffic...bleh!).  This was also when Jill and Marc had the most hilarious exchange ever:
  • Whilest jamming to "Man in the Mirror"
  • Jill:  One a scale of 1-10, how over us are you right now?
  • Marc:  ...11
Awww c'mon.  We weren't that bad!

Needless to say, it was a wonderful trip but it went by way too quickly.  Even so, I was so happy that my oldest and bestest friend was able to come out to CO for a visit.  I'm trying to get her to move here...we'll see how that goes =)

Yay for old friends!

1 comment:

 
Designed by Lena